We use radio and music production to build self-confidence and employability skills in young people aged 16-25 living in Torbay. They participate in workshops followed by work experience to further develop and practice their skills in a real–world setting. They also gain AQA qualifications in music, radio and youth leadership. Our aim is to offer as many of these young people paid work when possible.
- Increase young people's creativity
- Increase young people’s confidence
- Develop young people's digital and communication skills
- Develop young people's understanding of their own strengths
- Develop young people's understanding of the kinds of jobs that are available
- Increase young people's knowledge on how to research and apply for work
- Help young people feel more positive about their future
"Doing this course has helped me to open up and work in a team more effectively.”
“It was great. This is the first time I have ever completed a course like this."
“The course really gave me a chance to flesh out my music skills and tap into new areas of audio like radio and podcasting.”