Chamber Challenge is a primary school music project devised by Wigmore Hall Learning and taking place in schools in Torbay in partnership with the Arts at Dartington, Torbay Music Hub, South West Music School and Sound Communities.
The 'Chamber Challenge' is for a primary school class to write a piece of music which they will perform themselves alongside a professional string quartet in a performance at their school at the end of the project.
We worked with both primary schools recording interviews with the participants and the musicians and then doing a live broadcast of the final composition performances.
- Make a lasting record of the performances and encourage interaction between participating schools
- To develop musical skills and enthusiasm for music
- To build confidence and group work skills
- To support national curriculum for music at KS2 including composing, listening and performance
- To provide an introduction to string quartet music for KS2 students
Arts at Dartington
Torbay Music Hubw
Southwest Music School
Furzeham Primary School
Oldway Primary School
"Professional, efficient, reliable, high quality work with YP, gave good ideas, adaptable to the demands of the project ? fitted around what we needed.” Ursula Crickmay, Director of Learning, Wigmore Hall, 2014