The majority of these students are EOTAS (Educated Other Than At School), although some come to us for short term interventions.
The education programme is run by one of our Directors who is an experienced teacher in working with young people who have Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) and develops a very bespoke outcome-driven curriculum for the students around their aspirations and interests.
Students are taught in very small groups, typically one to one, with staff having a wide awareness of all their academic, social and emotional needs. Additionally, they work towards our AQA Unit Awards in areas such as DJing, Lyric Writing, Radio Production, Music Production and Social Media. Students also contribute to the Ocean Youth Radio community as part of their programme by creating regular content that is distribution across the station.
- Develop communication skills
- Raise aspirations for the young people of Torbay
- Improve wellbeing
- Increase access to creative media opportunities for disadvantaged young people in Torbay
- Improve employability skills
- Improve learning opportunities for young people struggling in mainstream education