RadioAhead targets vulnerable or disadvantaged Year 6 students from local primary schools ahead of transition to secondary school.
We give these young people a highly stimulating, creative radio broadcasting and music making experience as part of Ocean Youth Radio. They work with student peer mentors and our staff to teach them how to: make jingles, interview, present live, produce features, write lyrics, songs and share their work through social media. The young people become part of the station, engage in masterclasses and come back once a month to broadcast a live show online at Ocean Youth.
- Develop students' confidence
- Develop students' creativity
- Develop students' communication skills
- Develop connectedness to other young people
- Develop content to support young listeners with transition to secondary school
- Improve experience of transition from primary to secondary school for students
Hayes Primary School
Oldway Primary School
Roselands Primary School